Analysis by postcode of the effects on the proposed admissions changes
Download data (sorted by postcode):
Summary of data:
- 1/3 or 645 kids based on the 2006 intake will be affected by the proposed changes, a huge amount for apparently a small problem
- The worst affected areas are deprived areas Moulsecoomb, Bevendean, Stanmer, Coledan and Portslade. Patcham and Westdene are also badly affected.
- Whitehawk and Hanover are the biggest gainers
- Queens Park and Regency don't benefit that much as the data shows they were not that badly affected anyway
- Queens Park is currently no worse of under the current system than Westdene with 13 and 9 kids directed respectively.